Monday, December 11, 2006

Funny Out of office messages

Tara Hall over at the developerWorks Lotus blog asked about funny Sametime status messages. The other day I received a funny e-mail with amusing out of office replies:

Suggestions for next time you're out of the office and need to set up an Auto-Reply e-mail:

*********************
I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Be prepared for my mood.

*********************
I'm not really out of the office. I'm just ignoring you.

*********************
You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received
anything at all.

*********************
Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain removed so that I may be promoted to management

*********************
Thank you for your email.

Your credit card has been charged £5.99 for the first ten words and £1.99 for each additional word in your message.

*********************
Thank you for your message, which has been added to an email queueing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks and 3 days.

*********************
I am on holiday.

Your e-mail has been deleted.

*********************
Hi. I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.

*********************
Hi! I'm busy negotiating the salary for my new job. Please don't bother to leave me any messages.

*********************
I've run away to join a different circus.

*********************
AND, FINALLY, ABSOLUTELY THE BEST....

*********************
I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as 'Loretta' instead of 'Steve'.'
As for the funny status message, one I can recall is:
I used to be more active when I was young

:o)

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I've been updating my Sametime status message daily for years with creative stuff. Not usually "out of office" but clever enough to have some viewers out there. I'm now blogging them at statusmessage.blogspot.com. Feel free to peek.